Confessions of an armchair critic and general know-it-all

I have an opinion on just about everything and a wide variety of interests and experiences that give me insight into many professions. As a relatively quiet and shy person, I find myself imparting my knowledge more online, where I can talk and talk and not be worried that people are rolling their eyes or checking their watch while I drone on.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Let the blogging begin!

Here we go with another social networking trend.  First it was Xanga, then LiveJournal, then Myspace, then Facebook.  Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference is between the sites except that if all of your Myspace friends jump to Facebook, you better jump too or else you won't have anyone visiting your page anymore.

I might as well start my new blog with a rant.  You'll probably find that I do more ranting than raving on my blog.  I guess I'm kind of a Bitter Betty.  I swear I'm trying to change that in real life and leave my belly-aching for online, where people can choose to tune into it or not.

Last night I went to Burger King to try their new fries.  I don't usually go to Burger King because I've had problems with them and their fries suck.  About a year ago a lady at the drive-thru at one Burger King told me I could only get a Whopper with cheese on Wednesday, which ended up being a crock and turned me off so much, I avoided Burger King for most of the year.

Anyway, back to my recent adventure.  I placed my order for a Whopper with Cheese meal (I didn't order by number because they don't specify that the #1 meal has cheese and I wasn't sure it could be added on) and a peach and granola sundae.  I pull around to the window and it takes forever for my food to come up.  I'm trying to be patient but normally it doesn't take this long to get food at a fast food restaurant.  That's why it's called fast food!

Eventually the dude comes to the window and says they're out of vanilla so they can't give me the peach and granola sundae.  Would I just like extra peaches?  I give him a look and say, no, I don't want just peaches.  Then he asks if I'd like to order something else instead.  It seems to me that if vanilla is not available for the sundae, that pretty much rules out any dessert (assuming they're all made with vanilla) and I don't want chicken fries as my dessert so I decline the offer.  Then he asks if I want my money back.  I look at him for a long second, considering how preposterous this statement is.  Did he really expect me to say "You know what, just for taking your time getting my order to me and delivering it incomplete, I'd like you to keep my money as a tip!".  I told him of course I wanted my money back for the dessert if I wasn't going to get it.  Why should I pay for something I didn't receive?

He doesn't seem pleased but he takes my receipt back and gives me a new one, showing that the sundae was taken off.  I paid by debit card and he said it should be taken off but I'm going to watch my credit union account like a hawk until the transaction goes through to make sure they don't charge me for the sundae that never was.

Boy, Burger King blew it big-time for me.  They were already on the outs with me over the previous Whopper with Cheese scandal and months later when I give them a second chance, they burn me again.  I won't be going back to Burger King for a good long time, even though admittedly their new fries are much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment