Confessions of an armchair critic and general know-it-all

I have an opinion on just about everything and a wide variety of interests and experiences that give me insight into many professions. As a relatively quiet and shy person, I find myself imparting my knowledge more online, where I can talk and talk and not be worried that people are rolling their eyes or checking their watch while I drone on.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A case of the sniffles

I feel like crud today.  Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat and feared it was the first sign of getting sick.  I coughed up a bit and had some infrequent sneezing but after that started feeling better the rest of the day.  The coughing and sneezing has continued and this morning I woke up at 4am unable to breathe out of one side of my nose.  I got up and rummaged around for some Benadryl.  I didn't find any but I did find some Mucinex so I took it and went back to bed.  Morning came too soon and I seriously contemplated staying home but decided that I didn't feel all that bad considering so I should go ahead and go to work and save my sick days for when I literally couldn't get out of the bed.  On the way to work, I stopped at a convenience store to get some cappuccino and acetaminophen.  There happened to be a recall on Excedrin so I got Goody's headache powder in orange flavor instead.  Gawd, that stuff tastes awful!  It's like Tang (which I never did like) with an extremely bitter, and persistant, aftertaste.  My plan for the day is to drink plenty of water and just try to get through the day. I might fall asleep at my desk but I figure the worst that would happen if I get caught is I'll be told to go home, which is what I want to do anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment